Monday, June 25, 2012

I am just a Llama farmer

well mostly no one really farms them they rather farm alpachas they have better wool? Or emus seem to be popular in certain circles.

But the reality of this is?

Tilapiasis should be the thing of the future, but sometimes the reality and the rationality and the idealism just don't seem to mesh. a whole lot of really fragmented and mixed thoughts and emotions are flowing through me and a whole lot of others. The time  is now and the emotions are rife, strange synchronisity at different parts and locations fo the Globe, one would imagine in the worst case that there is some form of interconnectedness in all of this? I doubt it.. Or maybe we are entering the early stages of the singularity where we subliminally are questioning our existence due to the onset of electronic intelligence.  Life is easier, life is harder, we have found the missing matter in the universe. Not sure what the last third is, the first third makes sense, the second highly distributed hydrogen clouds almost makes sense .. but the third is warm hot intergalactic medium (you think i am making this up .. go read one of the latest new scientists).

But the reality is we live, we work to hard, we have little to show other than life. what does this tell us? we can or must change, but we often say to what. The rational inside says, you cannot, you should not, but then there are so many who live like they feel. Granted each of these choices has a cost and an implication.

Why we cant just pack up and drift along, well I suppose we are inside the contruct we chose to be part of, albeit that it weighs us down and pulls us down. But we are part of that construct out of the millions of alternatives available that we chose to live. Granted some of us have more or less choices than others and sometimes the choices are more or less silly or cynical. Paramount to all of this is that we are all just constructs of that which we create for ourselves and express in a way that we feel is best to express ourselves.

But it is with sadness that I say I miss some of my other persona's the current one is an anachronistic, polytheistic, disconnected, relocated mess. Yet in between all of this mess is a sort of clarity like never before. We moved, we are, we stand alone on the other end of the planet on a small windy island in the middle of the cold. sometimes, more often than not we question why we are here. In actual fact we are here because we chose to be here and we chose this because it was better. We still nto always sure what is better about it, but apparently is is better. There are a lot of things that are better and more and amplified. emotions and melodrama runs deep. Our hearts are filled with a yearning for something that is not here, yet our lives were unextricably torn away from that life, forcing us to create another life. sometimes I do think it is cruel and Jobian notion that some of us will always be washing dishes, some of us will allways be changing. There are things that remain the same.

The electronic celluloid that holds our memories together in the images we have over time are scant indication of that which has past.  Over time that seems to be the only constant that remains. The photos from day to day to week to month to year. Capturing what the eye sees and doesnt see and sometimes a combination of that and what the mind wishes it saw. Unendingly I continue to document everything that passes my eyes in the hope that .. well I am still figuring that one out.

I suppose we all have something to figure out, we all yearn for something.  I often walk down the street and marvel at the way react to their environment. the expression of self in the context to others. Maybe here more so than in other places people have an expression through tattoo and clothes. But the key to me is not that I mind, but in certain cases I do believe it looks silly.  The actual question I have is about the collective consciousness groups have in terms of identity. Sometimes it fills me with wonderment and amazement and at other times I question and wonder if it is not just a poor cop out .. I look and see  all these victims of fashion and culture and subculture and then as if struck by a bolt of reality I am struck by my own part in this image. I look at the hipsters and fashionista in melbourne and auckland and cannot but think how false this is. I am  then struck by memories of my own past. I am struck by how I behaved/behave.  We are what we wear and what we wear is what we are and we are what we think we we are and we are but merely a piece of a global milieu.

No you wont find answers here .. just questions

a lonely passenger
green blue azure sea and sky 
waiting for tomorrow





No comments: