Wednesday, November 17, 2010

another day for the stranger in a strange land Part 17-18

and so another few days have passed, more dull and door people on the train, but let us say life is slowly but surely starting to take form. I met my first real fringe Kiwi dude on the train the other day, The same one mentioned before.

To recap, a strange and weird individual to say the least, tall silent, with a striking red beard and single long plat and a luge skateboard. But it turns out he is more rational, albeit only slightly, than his exterior portrays. He is a mortgage conveyor at aBank, Go figure. But very well spoken, well travelled, as it appears many Kiwi's are, that is all of the prior statements. Let me not forget, friendly as well.

But this does in no way deter from my previous notion of the grey, sorry darkly dressed colourless people on the train. On the whole they tend to be fairly introverted'ly gray on the train. An interesting point to ponder is, are there many existentialistically minded people in New Zealand. That is based on the premise that existentialism sprung up from the colder, darker regions of Europe, which were bound by the rigors of bureaucracy ?

But according to my understanding of the question i posed, I seem to be totally wrong in my thought process around this?

from http://www.otago.ac.nz/DeepSouth/vol1no2/benson1_issue2.html
As the New Zealand wilderness became increasingly settled, the prime reason for the pioneers' and settlers' feelings of isolation and alienation was invalidated: their seemingly arbitrary environment had become predictable
It seems that traditionally existentialism is driven by pioneerism and not by the rigors of society...

but from a more "reputable" Sic! source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existentialism

Existentialism is a term applied to the work of a number of 19th- and 20th-century philosophers who, despite profound doctrinal differences,[1][2] generally held that the focus of philosophical thought should be to deal with the conditions of existence of the individual person and his or her emotions, actions, responsibilities, and thoughts.[3][4] The early 19th century philosopher Søren Kierkegaard, posthumously regarded as the father of existentialism,[5][6] maintained that the individual is solely responsible for giving his or her own life meaning and for living that life passionately and sincerely,[7][8] in spite of many existential obstacles and distractions including despair, angst, absurdity, alienation, and boredom.[9]

I may be wrong by the sense of emotionless and dark thought painted on the faces of the members of the train gang of which I am a subtle outsider. Or I may not actually be, it appears that the train is a strongly heterogeneous meshing of individuals based on chrono-synchronicity rather than on a socioeconomic or rather cultural bias. This may be due to my social bias, or should i rather say my geo-locatory bias combined with strongly driven socio-politico-basis that i believed this or even considered it. Which in essence does not specifically make it wrong, but rather massively uninformed, prejudiced and biased :-) It is a strange thing to me being the stranger in an even stranger land to experience the differences and commonalities of the individuals within the society.

So where does that leave me on this alien green landscape, as I stand longingly viewing the green hills of another land. I stand in an emotionally disjunctive state (i prefered the disjunt word.. but apparently in the context it does not exist yet?) No dont get me wrong.. this is not a depressive state, as i am sure th bulk of you are considering .. getting ready to throw the packs of pills down my throat VOMGL.

No it is a state of re-birth and potential growth of my mind, spirit and soul. bla bla blka bla fish paste..

makes me think .. you ma is ..

oh well enough of that ..

things to ponder? Have die Antwoord sold out into a frenzy of exploitative and gratuitous exhibitionism or is that the tone within the tone within? Or is there no substance, or should i say was there never any substance?

oh well i have now spent far to much time on the obviously arbitrary ..

so where to now we may ask..

fishign this afternoon, fly tying this eveing

riding the skyline Route (http://tracks.org.nz/track/show/964) on the weekend, or actually more than that .. we will maybe be doing a part of the Te Aroroa way (http://www.teararoa.org.nz/index.cfm/pageid/216) at least the portion between Porirua or should i say Whitby and Wellington?
A thought, but they do warn me of the exposed nature of the back of the beast?

Oh yes, I did mention that i had seen the fish..

is that tantamount to me saying i Saw God? or is that to blasphemous? Who knows, but i saw the fish and they were good. I saw the bible quiz.. I failed misserably.. But I suppose i was supposed to ..

I saw another face of one of the faces on facebook, I saw faces i expected to see.. So where does that leave me? To deface or not? a question i ask? I wonder? No not in the same way he wondered about how many ...

But rather I wonder about facebook and my membership? has it run its course. I wonder about the multimediahedonism that it has created? what does it tell us. I wonder about the giant german giant consuming the american portion it bought and its eventual impact on my existence in these those green hills, I saw a man standing with vine tomatoes in is hand. is this a sign the man standing with a tomato in his hand, i doubt it is biblical. I saw it on facebook. It must be true, no sorry that was wikipedia. Facebook isnt true it is a truism..

so enough for now .. let me return to the rationally disposed life that i call a stranger in a strange land ..

oh one last thing to behold is the following ..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metservice-nz/


amazing picks

to end with

Stangely standing I stood, peering into a train
stranger than reality i pondered at the old steel exterior
rattling the mettle rails
balancing, well not, on timber of old
I dream of a time when there was nothing but trees
humans stand and kill the trees
when will the ent stand or make a stand
the stand of trees

No comments: