Wednesday, June 27, 2012

another day another page

To not let myslef down on day three, albeit rather difficult to pen, sic!, what I am thinking to virtual paper, maybe I should be writing it onto paper. suddenly a flurry of thoughts entered my brain.

what can we say about tactile sensitivity, this can be a challenging thing to suffer from especially when you are tyring to make bread, sorry love making bread.. and somehow I just cannot make bread by not using my hands to kneed the bread. anita says the bread is the same when you use the machine, I beg to differ. But On another point it can be considered that I create the need to kneed by hand, by not needing a recipe, or neigh not choosing to use a recipe but to rather rely on tactile sensitivity to determine if the correct or should i rather say desired texture, density and moisture content are reached. To return to the tactile sensitivity, it really makes it hard, well to be truthful I suppose i dont have "tactile sensitivity", but rather display a sense of sensitivity to the slimy nature of the wet dough and how it clings to your skin and worms its way into the edges of your nails, but the feeling of wet dough on your hands or fingers is just so creepy...

Well enough of that trivia for the day, to return to the Moa's and the Rhino's. One wonders how long it will be before there are no more rhino's. It is a SAD but realist possibility. There are massive areas in Africa and the world where we are wiping everything out. Note, yes I used "we" as we are all part of this directly or indirectly. By eating fish that isn't farmed or sustainability harvested we are dredging the seas into a lifeless pond.  But it does bring into question in a world where we are highly regulated and controlled by our elected officials where our responsibility for protecting the planet comes in. We have unknowingly/knowingly  proxied our votes to our governments and to the likes of the UN who make decisions on our part. Lonesome George is gone... he and his kind are gone forever. The flightless parrot in NA is down to a handfull.

Sometimes I do suspect we must be careful not to employ sentimentalism in the cases of animals who evolutionary freaks and dead ends. They will unfortunately not make it, and often the effort required to protect them may outweigh the benefits in the end, albeit that there is a sense of duty, place and auxiliary effects that do come into play.  

I cannot say, I am an individual with my mind, with little or no affiliation to any government or organization with little more than my own internal judgment and moral compass to guide me. Granted having being immersed in science and pseudo science for some time did give me a grounding, but am I at liberty to discuss this? Not sure, but I do suspect we all have a right and more importantly a duty to consider and think about these things and at the end of the day we need to follow our internal moral compass and make the right decision and realise that abdication of responsibility is also a crime. At this point in time the level of responsibility we have is proxied to our elected officials or should i rather say those people at the other end of the political process.

but enough said, i just know I will rue the day the last salmon enters the river from the sea never to return, the day the last trout returns, the day the last yellowfish is seen in the muddy rivers of Africa, all through the greed of our species.

More contemplation tomorrow on nothing, something and eerythying

No comments: