Tuesday, August 19, 2008

on the Llama the loaf of bread and lack of any fish

It is strange how we deem to prioritize our lives in a specific direction. No this is not a parrady ,no idea how u spell that word> on the favour the watch and the very big fish ;-) this is rather just some more random ramblings relating the flavour of life, bread and general insanity at the ground level. Where to start, the bread I suppose as it is paramount in my life the Current central theme pervading my daily thoughts. I eventually seem to have managed to emulate a sour dough loaf, running out of flour and having to fill in with brown flour it still turned out all right. more on the recipe's later though, more onto the LLama, well it wasn't really a llama it was the other thing with the Spanish name, the alpacha or something like that.. and yes they do spit .. or so i have heard .. and told by the handler and owner. the dude had amazing things .. dwarf donkeys from some other small place in spain or something .. these are real small donkeys .. chinchilla's .. some funny jumping mice and even a small Shetland pony. You may actually ask me, what the hell am i telling you about this.. the significance of the llama event is the where or why rather than the.. whatever.. The garage at a friends house was having its birthday, the wondrous inanimate can even celebrate its birthday, not sure if it has a gender in English.. in my mind it is a male, but i might be wrong, it may be gender non specific. To get back to the event, i took my daughter to go and view the spectacle.. like most children she was enamored. But the amazing thing was that there was also a big Fat dude singing really poor music on a PA and there was a lucky draw for all the visitors to the shop. this fascinated my daughter as we landed up wining a prize !! a bag of cheap sweets.. and to our friends dismay as she had been their earlier and the lucky draw only applied to those who spent largely at the store ...
all in all a totally pointless exercise from my perspective, But i suppose only from my perspective. sometimes I think we focus to little on that which goes on around us, kids love these inane things, pseudo excitement which could not have been paid for. somehow I think we miss these small things in our day.. WE tend to miss these monumental events cos we are focussed on the bigger things.. the exiting and things we are looking forward to. which brings me back to the no fish .. well that is just generally sad .. but i suppose you have to fish to catch a fish .. that seems to be the premise ... or at least they say so.
well suppose it is enough rambling along onto the path to nowhere ..
we never seem to know where life is going to take us do we..
the other day i applied for a job as a CIO of a company, I thought we are so often bound by the limitations we see in our selves and never really step forward and take the leap of faith. It is not even that I perceive being a CIO of a company. But I do think we need to jump past the edge of our own expectation. But i do have to re-iterate the universe does in some way decide where our lives are going .. be it through karmic interactions or just simply by the sub conscious inertia we impart on our own lives.. who knows? But All we know is that things happen when they happen and in their own time. I dont think that this is a justification for a wait and see attitude to life, but often we will be driven with such furvour into a specific direction and things don't all ways seem to travel at the speed nor the direction we are aiming for. I suppose our mind is telling us one thing or even our hearts, but somehow our general life and living tends to be driving us in a direction we are not all ways aware of? I don't know I may have to go and re-read some of the older articles on the good Rabbi's web site ;) he at least seems to have some direction and drive :-) not that I am in any way a follower of his comments nor religeon .. just seems like a good idea at the time.

well suppose i have to get back to work now and continue on developing my life inertia and drive things in a direction that make sense .. even if it is at microcosmic level and only relates to the next 10 minutes of my day. Damn I am hungry.

No comments: