Friday, December 21, 2012

and how the world did not end and i miss or missed the jackarandas

strangely whilst looking at a Portuguese person who i follow on Flickr's photos , there were a whole lot of pics of jackaranda flowers from somewhere in spain or Portugal or somewhere but not south Africa, and it made me think once again how i miss and missed the jackaranda flowers

But of all the things i left behind the beetles rank highly
I stand with the misty drizzle condensing on my ragged beard
silver streaks shining through
I wonder what the next brown trout will look like
will the jerk on the other side of the line be a fish this time
lets hope there are two jerks on the line and not just one
flailing against the elements

well it is summer they say
it may not be here
Evan has his say
cyclonically speaking of course

The heat the flies are almost a distant dream
i slowly but deliberately wife the fine mist of my face
I stare at the beauty that is my potted garden
the images rush in and fill my mind

I stand staring waiting for tomorrow and the next day
in the hope and knowledge that it will be different and that i will make it so
the may will drift and I do

No comments: