Sunday, September 4, 2011

life as a moment

is life the string of moments we believe it to be, or is the moment a life and all we are is an endless continuum of events and lives.

So much changes over time, so much returns and becomes the same thing.

I sat driving and suddenly I felt at home, but the stark reality then hit home, I was at home, but it was not the home that I thought it was.

But we live the life we create or procrastinate for our selves, some things happen because we put them in action, others happen because we did not put them in action.

A day starts, we wake with, before or after the sun. Our life flickers like an image through time, momentarily we pause and cement some of these images and internalize them, at times we live life as a complex sequence of events.

So we sat and watched WOW (world of wearable art) on Sunday evening, now how would i have known that now I had ticked off something on my bucket list that I did not even know i should put there. Yes there is duplicity in this statement, but for different times we have different words and at other times we use the same words. This must rate as one of the most amazing spectacles that I have witnessed. It is a complete visual interplay, that touches on our emotions and senses.

So what does that mean, other than you should add it to your list of items, or shoudl you? who knows.. I must admit this was seen back to back on a "siniging" school where some friends of our's kids go to... what was striking about this event which was as contrasting as possible was that there are people out there with a heck of a lot of courage to attempt to sing the songs inside their heads, and even though the songs in their hearts, heads and ears is not the same as the ones we hear.. man they have conviction and guts and they can say they stood up and sanf don't cry for me argentina in front of an audience and no one wept.. which is in a way a sad thing for any number of reasons :-)

But it made me realize a whole lot of things, amoungst them was that I would have to create moments that add value for me.

But it brought me back to questioning what we do with our time and produce as individuals .. where should our motivation lie..

And how temporal and relative our lives are?

No comments: